Translate

Monday, August 24, 2015

Takara Beast Wars Trading Cards Series 1 review Checklist added 6/18/19


CHECKLIST ADDED!!! 6/18/19

As a Transformers Beast Wars fan, I try to pick up any product related to the show I come across. Now I know I may not get it all but hey I can try right. As I did my usual search some packs that I had not seen before popped up.
I am missing cards 56, 61, 62, and 66 
if anyone out there has them. 

At first, I assumed that they were the cards that came with the action figures packed as well packs. This is a sample of the cards I assumed they were:
Don't look at me I will break!!

Is this a game too?

I tried to do a search of the cards online and found no information on them. So I took the chance and overpaid for 5 packs of the product. I was surprised when I opened the packs to see it was neither of these types of cards but something altogether different. Let's check them out, shall we?

From the back of the pack I am assuming this is some sort of trading card game:


The cards are 3.5”x 2.5” with rounded corners and are slightly thicker than a regular trading card. From the checklist, they consist of 96 cards in the set.

The Base Cards

The first 24 cards are of the Maximals and Predacons in their robot mode. The designers decided to go with screen captures of the show characters and CGI or drawn renditions of non-show characters. While I like the attempt the pictures they chose look grainy and almost as if they took pictures of the television screen while a VHS copy of the show was playing. The CGI and art renditions clearly look better and almost makes it feel like I was looking at 2 completely different card sets.

Terrorsaur Terrorize!


The Next 6 cards consist of the primary first introduced Maximal characters and Megatron. Yep, just Megatron. No Predacon love here that's for sure. The screen captures again leave something to be desired.

I am not fuzzy!
 I am just moving too fast for you to see!

Watch Code of Hero dammit! 

The next 14 cards are different scenes from the show. Now I can't read the writing on these so if anyone can or is willing to translate them for me please contact me!

I think it's saying Nice view?

G1 fans can be happy to see the Decepticon who can never die Starscream added into the mix. Autobot fans can weep as there is no G1 Optimus Prime card here!

You shall Rue this day!! 

As well as the Golden Disk!

Uhh, you forgot Shockwave's Ore 13!!

The next 8 cards are a puzzle type. With 4 making a Predacon scene and the other 4 a maximal. Gotta love how the designers of these cards never put into mind how they will be put into 9 card sheets.

You couldn't put together 4 dang cards?

Ahh, now the next 13 cards are really cool as they come 1 per pack and are nice shiny foil cards. 

Why can't we all be friends!

And finally the Checklist. Which I have to say is one of the harder cards to pull.


Someone interpret this!!


Gameplay

I have to be honest I have no idea how to play this game. Mostly cause I don't know what the hell they are saying on the back of these cards. From the wrapper, they deal with the numbers on the top and bottom of the cards. If someone wants to explain them to me feel free to let me know.

I am so going to defeat you Rhinox!! 
Let see 12=12 divided by 18= uhh 5?

Ughhhhhh.......

Overall

As a beast wars collector, I want to say I LOVE this set. I just can't do it in good conscience. The attempt was thoughtful but the screen captures did not work. The designers picked horrible and or dark pictures. The Cgi rendered characters are beautiful and it makes one wonder why not do this with the whole set. Now as for the CGI characters their choices are weird, to say the least. I can understand Convobat (bat Optimus Primal) and Megaligator (Alligator Megatron) but Whiteclaw (Polarclaw) and Kuwagiger (Insecticon)? The foil cards are cool as well but it also makes the set hard to complete. I purchased 5 packs and a box of 15 packs and I still do not have a full set. I am missing cards 56, 61, 62, and 66 if anyone out there has them please contact me. Add in the fact that the last foil cards are a Lio Convoy meets Optimus Primal picture and it makes you wonder was a Beast Wars II set made? So if you are a Beast Wars fan I say get them great little oddball item to add to your collection. If you are a regular Transformers fan well you can easily pass on these. 


I am an important member of some team Dammit!

Uhh, Megaligator there is something in your hand!!


I am missing cards 56, 61, 62, and 66 
if anyone out there has them.
We will dance for you for these cards!!


I believe I have translated the checklist. If anyone sees any errors please let me know.
ビーストウォーズカード Beast Wars Card Series 1

001. コンボイ – Convoy
002. ライノックス - Rhinox
003. チータス - Cheetus
004. ラットル - Rattle
005. ダイノボット - Dinobot
006. タイガトロン - Tigertron
007. エアラザー - Airrazor
008. ホワイトクロー – WhiteClaw
009. ハウリンガー - Howlinger
010. アルマー - Armor
011. サイバーシャーク – CyberShark
012. コンボバット – ConvoBat
013. メガトロン - Megatron
014. スコルポス - Scorpos
015. ワスピーター – Waspeeter
016. タランス - Tarans
017. テラザウラー - Terrorsaur
018. ブラックウィドー - Black Widow
019. インフェルノ - Inferno
020. シャドーパンサー - Shadow Panther
021. バズソー - Buzzsaw
022. スナッパー - Snapper
023. クワガイガー - Kuwagiger
024. メガリゲーター - Megaligator
025. コンボイ(ビーストモード) - Convoy (Beast mode)
026. ライノックス(ビーストモード) - Rhinox (Beast mode)
027. チータス(ビーストモード) - Cheetus (Beast mode)
028. ラットル(ビーストモード) - Rattle (Beast mode)
029. ダイノボット(ビーストモード) - Dinobot (Beast mode)
030. メガトロン(ビーストモード) - Megatron (Beast mode)
031. ストーリーカード - Story Card 生 命 体 を 探 せ ! - Look for Life!
032. ストーリーカード - Story Card
033. ストーリーカード - Story Card
034. ストーリーカード - Story Card
035. ストーリーカード - Story Card
036. ストーリーカード - Story Card
037. ストーリーカード - Story Card
038. ストーリーカード - Story Card
039. ストーリーカード - Story Card
040. ストーリーカード - Story Card
041. ストーリーカード - Story Card
042. ストーリーカード - Story Card
043. セイバートロン星 - Sabertron
044. アクサロン号 - Aksalon
045. テラ・クラッシャー号 - Terra crusher
046. スタースクリーム - Starscream
047. エネルゴン/ゴールデンディスク - Energon / Golden Disc
048. サイバトロン軍団 - Cybertron Corps
049. サイバトロン軍団 - Cybertron Corps
050. サイバトロン軍団 - Cybertron Corps
051. サイバトロン軍団 - Cybertron Corps
052. デストロン軍団 - Destron Corps
053. デストロン軍団 - Destron Corps
054. デストロン軍団 - Destron Corps
055. デストロン軍団 - Destron Corps
056. スペシャル - Special
057. スペシャル - Special
058. スペシャル - Special
059. スペシャル - Special
060. スペシャル - Special
061. スペシャル - Special
062. スペシャル - Special
063. スペシャル - Special
064. スペシャル - Special
065. スペシャル - Special
066. スペシャル - Special
067. スペシャル - Special
068. スペシャル - Special
069. チェックリスト – Checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment